Uninterrupted—typical in centers
- Use 660 feet (one-eighth mile) as a standard for the maximum allowable distance between through streets.
- Bisect to create two 660 x 300 foot blocks using the following criteria:
- Solar orientation, prevailing winds, and opportunities for locating shade trees on streets and in yards.
- Relationship to adjacent block and street pattern.
- Orientation to major views (down long axis of block preferred).
- Alignment with arterial transit streets to reduce number of intersections on arterial to one every 660 feet.
- Major arterials with transit located at every mile. Minor neighborhood collector/arterials every half mile.